The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that recruitment company Strategic Legal Solutions will pay US$85,000 to settle allegations that it "discriminated against a 70-year-old attorney [by withdrawing an offer of employment] when it discovered her age[,] and retaliated against her for raising concerns that she was rejected because of her age", by putting her on its "do not use" list.
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that KeyView Labs Inc (KeyView), Brain Research Labs LLC, George Reynolds, John Arnold and three related companies will pay US$1.4 million to settle allegations that they deceived consumers by making unsubstantiated claims about the dietary supplement Procera AVH.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that LB&B Associates Inc (LB&B) and its principals have "agreed to pay the government [US$7.8 million] to resolve allegations that they made false statements to obtain contracts through the Small Business Administration's ... 8(a) Business Development Program for Small Disadvantaged Businesses".
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has announced that it has ordered Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network LLC and Wells Fargo Advisors LLC (Wells Fargo), Raymond James and Associates Inc and Raymond James Financial Services Inc (Raymond James), and LPL Financial LLC (LPL) "to pay more than [US$30 million] in restitution, including interest, to affected customers for failing to waive fund sales charges for certain charitable and retirement accounts".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available Attorney General Loretta Lynch's statement on BP's agreement in principle to settle civil claims by the US, state and local governments in relation to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill that occurred on the Gulf of Mexico in 2010.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that in United States v Apple Inc, the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuits confirmed Apple's liability per se for knowingly participating in an unlawful e-book price-fixing conspiracy.
Inditex has announced that it has signed an annual grant that will allow non-profit organization Every Mother Counts (EMC) to expand its portfolio of grants "to bring essential maternal healthcare to mothers-in-need in the United States and around the world". EMC is co-founded by Christy Turlington Burns and Erin Thornton.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that parking heater company Espar Inc (Espar) has pleaded guilty to and will pay a US$14.9 million criminal fine for "participating in a scheme to fix prices for parking heaters used in commercial vehicles".
The Walmart Foundation (Walmart) has announced that it will provide US$15.5 million in grants to non-profit organisations, to help provide meals and nutritional information to low-income children and their families throughout summer and the school year.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)