The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (30 September 2013) determining a whistleblower award claim following a successful SEC enforcement action.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Colorado-based moving and storage company Mesa Systems Inc (Mesa) has agreed to settle a national origin discrimination suit by paying US$450,000 and furnishing other relief in the largest-ever such settlement achieved by the EEOC in the US state of Utah.
Wells Fargo & Company (Wells Fargo) has announced that it has reached a US$780 million settlement with the United States (US) Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) to substantially resolve "all repurchase liabilities related to loans sold to Freddie Mac prior to [1 January 2009]".
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that DoL administrative law Judge Linda Chapman has ordered Bank of America (BoA) to pay US$2,181,593 in back-pay and interest to 1,147 African American job applicants for its "race-based hiring discrimination at [a] Charlotte facility".
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has published Holding Accountable Those Who Put Workers' Lives at Risk (19 September 2013).
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Total Petrochemical USA Inc (Total) is to pay US$8.75 million for failing to comply with the terms of a 2007 settlement of alleged Clean Air Act (the Act) breaches at a Texas refinery.
The United States (US) Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois (USAO NDIL) has announced that TY Inc owner and Beanie Babies plush toy brand creator H. Ty Warner has agreed to plead guilty to a US federal tax evasion charge that he "fail[ed] to report income he earned in a secret offshore financial account".
United States (US) Department of the Treasury units the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) have announced a total of US$8.2 million in civil penalties against New Jersey-based community bank Saddle River Valley Bank (SRVB) for Bank Secrecy Act (the BSA) breaches.
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available SEC commissioner Kara Stein's Statement and SEC commissioner Daniel Gallagher's Dissenting Statement (both dated 18 September 2013) regarding a recently released Proposed Rule (18 September 2013) that would require public companies to disclose the ratio of their chief executive officers' pay to the median pay of their employees.
Renewable oil and bioproducts company Solazyme Inc (Solazyme) has announced that it has executed a commercial supply agreement with global consumer goods company Unilever for Solazyme's renewable oil product Tailored Algal Oil.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (35)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)