The American Bar Association (ABA) has made available the biographies (undated) of the panellists at its recent event The Evolution of Cybersecurity and Planning for Response, hosted by the association's cybersecurity legal task force.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that McKesson Corporation (McKesson) has agreed to pay US$18 million to resolve allegations that the San Francisco-based pharmaceutical distributor "knowingly submitted false claims to [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)] for shipping and handling services that did not satisfy its contractual obligations".
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office (LA County DA's Office) has announced that Macy's Corporate Services (Macy's) has "pleaded no contest to [c]orporate [c]riminal [l]iability" in relation to the 2009 death of Roy Polanco, who was crushed to death and decapitated by the hydraulic compacting ram of a "cardboard baling and compactor machine at a Macy's distribution center ... when he fell into an unguarded opening of the unit".
The United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has ordered (7 August 2014) Hyundai Motor America and Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center (collectively, Hyundai) to pay a US$17.35 million civil penalty and meet supervision requirements, in order to resolve the automaker's alleged failure to report in a timely manner a safety-related defect affecting a number of its vehicles.
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs in the United States Department of Labor (OFCCP) has released Notice of proposed rulemaking - Government Contractors, Requirement To Report Summary Data on Employee Compensation (8 August 2014) (the NPRM) for public comment.
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that MPW Industrial Services has agreed to pay US$37,500 and "furnish significant equitable relief" to resolve allegations that it "terminated Todd Semko from his position as a laborer before his first day of work after it learned during a fitness-for-duty evaluation that he has an implanted [t]ranscutaneous [e]lectrical [n]erve [s]timulation (TENS) unit in his lower back for a back impairment".
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has announced that it is among several United States authorities that have reached a US$35 million settlement with Pfizer in relation to the company's "alleged improper marketing and promotion of the immunosuppressive drug Rapamune".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Travel Management Company has agreed to resolve claims that it engaged in citizenship status discrimination.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Fifth Third Mortgage Company has agreed to resolve allegations that it "engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination on the basis of disability and receipt of public assistance".
A number of private equity firms have agreed to pay a total of US$325 million to settle allegations that they conspired with rival firms not to outbid one another for corporate takeovers.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)