Walmart has announced that its non-24-hour-trading stores will open at 6pm on an upcoming United States (US) public holiday to launch its end-of-year festive season trading campaign that is traditionally marked by retailers on the following day.
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has announced that it has fined two firms a total of US$1.825 million for "failing to report or accurately report certain large options positions and for related supervisory deficiencies".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Costa Rica-registered digital currency company Liberty Reserve SA (Liberty Reserve) co-founder Vladimir Kats has pleaded guilty to "money laundering and operating an unlicensed money transmitting business".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that New York City-based cheque-cashing firm Belair Payroll Services Inc (Belair) and its owner Craig Panzera have pleaded guilty for breaching the Bank Secrecy Act (the BSA) by "failing to follow reporting and [anti-money laundering (AML)] requirements for more than [US]$19 million in transactions".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that former Port Arthur Chemical and Environmental Services (PACES) president Matthew Bowman has been sentenced to 12 months' imprisonment for "occupational safety crimes which resulted in the death of an employee".
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that "the world's largest package delivery company" United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) has agreed to settle a religious accommodation suit. According to the EEOC, the suit related to a UPS employee's supervisor denying the employee's request for "a schedule change in order to attend an annual religious service".
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that G&K Services Co (G&K) will provide back-pay to 59 female workers as part of its settlement of a number of allegations, including that it "discriminated against female laundry workers by steering them into lower-paying positions regardless of their qualifications".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that BBA Winchester, the owner of a now demolished hotel, has reached a settlement with the EPA regarding asbestos-related breaches in connection with the hotel's "improper demolition".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that India-based Infosys Corporation (Infosys) has agreed to pay a record sum of US$34 million in settling allegations of "systemic visa fraud and abuse of immigration processes".
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) has made available Regulating in Rapidly Changing Times, a transcript of remarks delivered by OPC commissioner Jennifer Stoddart at the Community of Federal Regulators National Workshop on 4 November 2013.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (36)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)