The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has launched the resource Hacked Email (July 2013), which contains guidance from the FTC regarding the identification of signs a social media or email account may have been hacked, as well as how to respond to a hack once it occurs.
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has made available an Order accepting offer of settlement (18 July 2013) (the Order) in respect of former Avalon Partners Inc president, chief compliance officer and anti-money laundering (AML) officer Vincent Au.
The United States (US) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has made available an Order approving stipulation and consent agreement (30 July 2013) (the Order) under which JP Morgan Chase & Co subsidiary JP Morgan Ventures Energy Corporation (JP) is required to pay US$410 million to settle allegations that JP submitted intentionally misleading bids and offers of power plants in two energy markets.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that it reached a settlement with Barix Clinics in regard to allegations that Barix Clinics breached the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 by refusing or cancelling surgery for two individuals because they had human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The Nevada Supreme Court in the United States (US) has upheld a judgment requiring Harrah's Laughlin Casino and Hotel (Harrah's) to pay its patron of 20 years Alice Swanson US$775,000 for past and future pain and suffering after she tripped and fell on a speed bump at Harrah's in 2007.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that matchmaking company It's Just Lunch USA (IJL) has agreed to pay US$900,000 to settle charges that it:
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that an Idaho-based cheese manufacturer will pay US$91,352 to settle breaches of chemical accident prevention regulations under the Clean Air Act.
The United States (US) Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), in its capacity as conservator of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), has announced that financial services firm UBS Americas Inc (UBS) has agreed to pay a total of US$885 million to settle allegations that it breached "federal and state securities laws in connection with private-label residential mortgage-backed securities purchased by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Prudent Technologies Inc (Prudent) has agreed to pay a US$65,450 civil penalty after it carried out unsafe renovation activities at lead-contaminated sites under a contract with the EPA's national hazardous waste clean up program, Superfund.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that one interstate hospital network and one Georgia-based hospital have agreed to pay US$8 million to settle false Medicare claims allegations.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (5)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)