The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (23 September 2013) that requires New Jersey-based Toronto-Dominion Bank subsidiary TD Bank to pay a civil penalty of US$15 million for its role in a Ponzi scheme that was operated during 2005 - 2009 by since disbarred attorney Scott Rothstein.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that disability services company Creative Networks is to pay US$57,000 to settle charges that it denied deaf and hearing-impaired applicants' requests for sign language interpretation during their pre-employment training.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has released Technical Release No. 2013-04 - Guidance to Employee Benefit Plans on the Definition of "Spouse" and "Marriage" under ERISA and the Supreme Court's Decision in United States v. Windsor (18 September 2013).
Engineering firm Agapito Associates Inc (Agapito) and the United States (US) Mine Safety and Health Administration have reached a settlement under which Agapito will pay a US$100,000 penalty for a "high-negligence violation" of safety standards in relation to a 2007 Utah mine collapse that killed nine people.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that elevator and escalator manufacturer Schindler has agreed to pay US$35,000 and to furnish "significant remedial relief" to settle a race discrimination suit.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that the owner of South Dakota-based supermarket Don's Valley Market has agreed to pay US$50,000 to "a former employee who was fired for being transgender".
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available a Proposed Rule (18 September 2013) which would require a public company to "disclose the ratio of the compensation of its chief executive officer ... to the median compensation of its employees".
The United States Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel has ruled that a Citigroup Inc (Citigroup) unit must pay at least US$3.1 million to a Florida-based couple who alleged that the firm did not properly supervise a broker.
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that military facility Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson has reached a settlement with the EPA, agreeing to pay a fine of over US$21,000 for its failure to comply with federal hazardous waste management laws.
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that food company Post Holdings Inc (Post) and Ralcorp Holdings Inc have been fined US$635,000 for contravention of the Clean Air Act, including "failing to install required air pollution controls at its cereal production facility located in [California]".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (35)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)