The White House has made available Closing Corporate Tax Loopholes (26 July 2014), the text of United States President Barack Obama's latest weekly address at the White House.
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has ordered (24 July 2014) three Morgan Stanley firms to pay a total of US$275 million comprising disgorgement, prejudgment interest and a civil penalty for "misleading investors in a pair of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) securitizations that the firms underwrote, sponsored, and issued".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available a notice of proposed rulemaking (23 July 2014) (the NPRM) and questions and answers (updated 24 July 2014) regarding its proposal to introduce explicit requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) for movie theatres.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that it has recovered US$80 million from France-based bank and financial services provider BNP Paribas in a judgment under the False Claims Act.
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has ordered (25 July 2014) alternative trading system (ATS) operator and Citigroup unit LavaFlow to pay a total of US$5 million to settle charges that it "fail[ed] to protect the confidential trading data of its subscribers".
The United States Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has made available the prepared remarks (16 July 2014) of CFPB director Richard Cordray at a CFPB field hearing on handling consumer complaints. Mr Cordray announces that the CFPB is proposing to expand its Consumer Complaint Database (further information) to include "consumers' own narrative[s] of their experiences, as stated in their own words".
The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York has made available US Magistrate Judge Gabriel Gorenstein's Memorandum Opinion (18 July 2014) in the matter of an application seeking a warrant to obtain emails from a Google-hosted "Gmail" webmail account. The application also sought to permit a search of those emails as part of an investigation into possible money laundering-related and similar offences.
The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released Proposed New York Codes, Rules and Regulations on virtual currencies (undated) (the Proposed Rules) for public comment.
United States treasury bureau the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has announced its decision to name FBME Bank Ltd (FBME) "a foreign financial institution of primary money laundering concern pursuant to [s.] 311 of [the USA PATRIOT Act]".
A jury in the United States state of Florida has ordered R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company to pay a surviving spouse US$23 billion in punitive damages for the deceased's death.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (40)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)