The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPMorgan) has agreed to pay US$1.45 million as part of its settlement of charges that it "maintained a sexually hostile work environment towards its female mortgage bankers assigned to [a JPMorgan site in Ohio]".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that it has directed NL Industries to conduct a US$79 million cleanup of a New Jersey beachfront at which soil and sediment have been "contaminated with lead-containing waste that was used to construct a seawall and jetty".
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has released a Statement (31 January 2014) marking its 50th data security settlement. The terms of the milestone settlement are set out in Agreement containing consent order (undated), which proposes prohibitions and other requirements of California-based GMR Transcription Services Inc (GMR).
Whitehouse.gov has made available its blog post Big Data and the Future of Privacy (23 January 2014), which advises that the White House, at the request of United States President Barack Obama, is to conduct a "comprehensive review" of various elements of privacy and data protection.
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (29 January 2014) under which Scottrade Inc (Scottrade) is to admit to breaching the recordkeeping provisions of US federal securities laws and to pay a US$2.5 million penalty to settle SEC charges.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that MMR Constructors Inc (MMR) has agreed to settle charges relating to MMR's conduct regarding a number of its employees who allegedly subjected another employee, an MMR technician, to "racially offensive language, graffiti and death threats".
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that two Wal-Mart entities are to settle charges that a Walmart store "refused to hire Ramona Bradford's adult son and daughter for entry-level positions because Ms Bradford had filed a sex discrimination charge against Wal-Mart with the EEOC".
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that Western Asset Management Company (Western Asset) is to pay a total of US$21 million to resolve charges that its trading activities resulted in losses to employee benefit plan accounts and associated funds.
Wells Fargo & Co (Wells Fargo) has asked its staff to refrain from lending their own money using peer-to-peer (P2P) loan platforms. Reportedly, the request follows the United States-based bank's ethics administrators conclusion that "for-profit [P2P] lending is a competitive activity that poses a conflict of interest".
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has made available Agreement containing consent order (undated), which proposes to impose conditions on the claims that Down to Earth Designs Inc (gDiapers) may make regarding its diaper products.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)