The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has made available Agreement containing Consent Order (undated), under which it is proposed that plastic lumber company Engineered Plastics Systems (EPS) settle allegations that it "ma[de] deceptive claims in its advertising and marketing material".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have jointly announced that Allete Inc (Minnesota Power) has agreed to spend more than US$500 million implementing pollution reduction measures at its coal-fired power plants in order to settle air pollution claims.
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced that Cedric Cañas Maillard has agreed to pay almost US$2 million to settle charges that he traded on inside information in advance of a public announcement about a proposed acquisition for which [Spanish investment bank Banco Santander, at which he was a senior official,] was acting as an adviser".
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has ordered (14 July 2014) Ernst & Young (EY) to pay more than US$4 million to settle charges that it breached auditor independence rules.
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has published Enforcement Guidance on Pregnancy Discrimination and Related Issues (14 July 2014), with accompanying questions and answers and a fact sheet for small businesses (both undated).
The United States Department of Labor's wage and hour division (WHD) has announced that recruitment agency B&D Contracting has agreed to pay 1,543 current and former welders, pipe fitters and shipfitters a total of US$1,660,438 in backwages after denying them overtime compensation as a result of "improper pay and record-keeping practices".
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that it has approved final orders barring a number of ski equipment manufacturers from engaging in specified anticompetitive conduct (both dated 3 July 2014).
Financial services provider Citigroup has announced that it has reached a US$7 billion settlement with several United States authorities in relation to "[residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS)] and collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) issued, structured or underwritten by [Citigroup] between 2003 and 2008".
Leslie Caldwell, who commenced in the role of Assistant Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice criminal division in June 2014, has stated her intent to prioritise the combating of cybercrime.
The United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has made available an order (7 July 2014) (the Order) approving an agreement (attached to the Order) under which Arizona Public Service Company (APS) is to pay a US$3.25 million civil penalty and meet compliance requirements to resolve regulators' investigations into APS's involvement in the 2011 blackout that affected approximately five million individuals in the US Southwest.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)