The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office in the United States (US) state of California (CA) (the District Attorney's Office) has announced that CA-based company California Skateparks has been ordered to pay a total of US$65,000 in penalties and costs in relation to alleged anticompetitive conduct.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that telecommunications firm AT&T is to pay US$250,000 to settle an EEOC suit which claimed that AT&T discharged a 53 year old employee after her 16 years of service, while "at the same time retaining younger, lower-performing sales coach managers or allowing them to transfer".
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has announced that it has fined Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Morgan Stanley & Co (Morgan Stanley) US$1 million and ordered them to pay US$188,000 in restitution for failing to provide:
The United States (US) Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in the Department of Justice has announced that drug cartel Arellano-Felix acting chief financial officer (CFO) Eduardo Arellano-Felix has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after he admitted in his plea agreement to laundering hundreds of millions of US dollars in illegal drug proceeds and using some of the money to fund criminal activity by Arellano-Felix members.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in the United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has released preliminary data from the 2012 national Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI), including a summary (both dated 22 August 2013). The preliminary data indicate that there were 4,383 fatal injuries in the US in 2012 and this represents a new record low figure compared with previous years.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) announced Final Rules on 27 August 2013 that will amend employment discrimination law at the following citations in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR):
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that North Carolina-based discount retailer Family Dollar Inc (Family Dollar) has paid US$602,438 to resolve allegations that it misbranded pesticides in breach of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act 1996 (US) (FIFRA) (further information).
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Kentucky-based AK Steel Corporation (AK Steel) is to pay federal and state authorities a total of US$1.65 million to resolve allegations that it breached laws including the Clean Air Act (US) (further information) at an Ashland facility used for AK Steel's production processes.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that RPM International Inc and building materials manufacturing subsidiary Tremco Inc (Tremco) have paid the federal government US$60.9 million to settle allegations that Tremco overcharged on its roofing supplies and services contracts with the government.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (35)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)