The United States (US) Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced that real estate developer Olivet Management (Olivet) faces more than US$2.3 million in proposed fines after having been cited for "exposing [Olivet] employees, as well as employees for 13 contractors, to asbestos and lead hazards during cleanup operations in preparation for a tour of [an Olivet-managed site] by potential investors".
The United States (US) Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that WW Group Inc (Weight Watchers) is to pay US$45,000 and furnish other relief to settle claims that one of its offices breached US federal law by "refus[ing] to hire an applicant as a group leader because she was pregnant".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Anadarko Petroleum Corp (Anadarko), Anadarko subsidiary Kerr-McGee Corp (Kerr-McGee) and Kerr-McGee affiliates have agreed to pay US$5.15 billion, including approximately US$4.4 billion to fund environmental clean-up activities and for environmental claims, to settle a fraudulent conveyance case.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that it has approved Decision and Order (3 April 2014), which "settl[es] charges that [NEW Plastics Corp (NEW)] ... misled consumers and distributors about the recycled content, post-consumer recycled content, and recyclability of its products".
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced that it has collected additional funds in one of the first cases opened under its whistleblower program, which will provide a further payment of US$150,000 for the program's first award recipient.
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has made available Letter of acceptance, waiver and consent (28 February 2014) submitted by Gilford Securities and accepted by FINRA on 3 April 2014.
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced that it has reached settlements with the following individuals (both filed 31 March 2014) in separate insider trading cases:
Tobacco company Philip Morris International (PMI) has released its Progress Report 2013 - Agricultural Labor Practices (undated), which details PMI's progress in implementing its agricultural labour practices (ALP) program, launched in 2011, that aims to "progressively eliminate child labor and other labor abuses found on all farms where [PMI] source[s] tobacco".
Marvell Technology Group Ltd (Marvell) has announced that it intends to appeal the United States (US) District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania judgment, handed down on 31 March 2014, in a patent-related dispute brought by Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) against Marvell.
The United States (US) House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee (the Committee) has made available a memorandum (30 March 2014) from its majority staff to its Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation (the Subcommittee) regarding the Subcommittee's hearing The GM Ignition Switch Recall: Why Did It Take So Long? that was held on 1 April 2014.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)