The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has published Holding Accountable Those Who Put Workers' Lives at Risk (19 September 2013).
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Total Petrochemical USA Inc (Total) is to pay US$8.75 million for failing to comply with the terms of a 2007 settlement of alleged Clean Air Act (the Act) breaches at a Texas refinery.
The United States (US) Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois (USAO NDIL) has announced that TY Inc owner and Beanie Babies plush toy brand creator H. Ty Warner has agreed to plead guilty to a US federal tax evasion charge that he "fail[ed] to report income he earned in a secret offshore financial account".
United States (US) Department of the Treasury units the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) have announced a total of US$8.2 million in civil penalties against New Jersey-based community bank Saddle River Valley Bank (SRVB) for Bank Secrecy Act (the BSA) breaches.
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available SEC commissioner Kara Stein's Statement and SEC commissioner Daniel Gallagher's Dissenting Statement (both dated 18 September 2013) regarding a recently released Proposed Rule (18 September 2013) that would require public companies to disclose the ratio of their chief executive officers' pay to the median pay of their employees.
Renewable oil and bioproducts company Solazyme Inc (Solazyme) has announced that it has executed a commercial supply agreement with global consumer goods company Unilever for Solazyme's renewable oil product Tailored Algal Oil.
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (23 September 2013) that requires New Jersey-based Toronto-Dominion Bank subsidiary TD Bank to pay a civil penalty of US$15 million for its role in a Ponzi scheme that was operated during 2005 - 2009 by since disbarred attorney Scott Rothstein.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that disability services company Creative Networks is to pay US$57,000 to settle charges that it denied deaf and hearing-impaired applicants' requests for sign language interpretation during their pre-employment training.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has released Technical Release No. 2013-04 - Guidance to Employee Benefit Plans on the Definition of "Spouse" and "Marriage" under ERISA and the Supreme Court's Decision in United States v. Windsor (18 September 2013).
Engineering firm Agapito Associates Inc (Agapito) and the United States (US) Mine Safety and Health Administration have reached a settlement under which Agapito will pay a US$100,000 penalty for a "high-negligence violation" of safety standards in relation to a 2007 Utah mine collapse that killed nine people.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (36)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)