The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that under a settlement with EPA, embalming chemicals supplier Dodge Company (Dodge) has taken actions to increase public safety at its former Massachusetts facility, in addition to its distribution warehouses in California, Illinois and Texas.
The United States (US) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that agricultural food processing company Mountaire Farms Incorporated, trading as Mountaire Farms of North Caroline Corporation (Mountaire Farms), will pay a settlement of US$48,000, revise its existing anti-discrimination policy, and "furnish other relief to resolve a lawsuit for retaliation filed by the [EEOC]".
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that the marketing firm Green Foot Global (GFG) has agreed to pay a penalty of US$800,000 for consumer redress, and to settle the complaint that it made "false, misleading, or unsubstantiated claims that [fuel additive] EnviroTabs, when added to any type of fuel, will increase fuel efficiency, reduce emissions, and save consumers money".
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics Inc (DePuy) has announced a settlement program under which it will compensate eligible patients in the United States (US) who have had surgery to remove an "ASR" brand DePuy hip replacement product since the products were recalled in August 2010.
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that carbon black manufacturer Cabot Corporation (Cabot) has agreed to settle alleged breaches of the Clean Air Act (the CAA) at three of its facilities by paying a US$975,000 civil penalty and spending approximately US$84 million for remedial technology.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that a San Francisco restaurant has resolved claims that it breached "the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act".
The United States (US) Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced two separate religious discrimination lawsuit settlements, each relating to circumstances in which an individual was denied work after adhering to a religious practice.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that now defunct Ohio-based carrier firm Star Air Inc and owner Robert Custer have been ordered to pay two truck drivers US$302,000 after the drivers were terminated because they refused to drive until the firm's commercial vehicles were made compliant with various regulations.
The United States Department of Labor (DoL) has released Proposed Rule - Improve Tracking of Workplace Injuries and Illnesses (8 November 2013) for public comment. According to the DoL, the proposed rule would introduce requirements for the annual submission of establishment-specific injury and illness data to the DoL Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Walmart has announced that its non-24-hour-trading stores will open at 6pm on an upcoming United States (US) public holiday to launch its end-of-year festive season trading campaign that is traditionally marked by retailers on the following day.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)