The European Commission (EC) has released the following documents that aim to reform corporate governance:
The United States (US) Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that WW Group Inc (Weight Watchers) is to pay US$45,000 and furnish other relief to settle claims that one of its offices breached US federal law by "refus[ing] to hire an applicant as a group leader because she was pregnant".
The United States (US) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has made available a letter (8 April 2014) in which NHTSA advises General Motors (GM) legal staff that GM "has not fully responded" to Special Order (4 March 2014) and therefore has been accruing civil penalties on a daily basis since 3 April 2014.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that the Federal Court of Australia has fined EnergyAustralia A$1.2 million, declaring that, through the conduct of certain sales representatives acting on its behalf, the company:
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced that it has collected additional funds in one of the first cases opened under its whistleblower program, which will provide a further payment of US$150,000 for the program's first award recipient.
The New Zealand Commerce Commission (NZCC) has announced that MAC Warranties Ltd (MAC) has agreed to provide NZ$182,000 in customer compensation after the Auckland District Court found that the finance company misled customers in explaining its sale of 79 repossessed vehicles that had been tendered as security for their loans from MAC.
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that it has approved Decision and Order (25 March 2014), which "resolv[es] FTC allegations that [Apple Inc (Apple)] unfairly charged consumers for in-app purchases incurred by children without their parents' consent".
The United States (US) House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee (the Committee) has made available a memorandum (30 March 2014) from its majority staff to its Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation (the Subcommittee) regarding the Subcommittee's hearing The GM Ignition Switch Recall: Why Did It Take So Long? that was held on 1 April 2014.
The following state and county authorities in the United States (US) state of New York have announced that Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) has resolved their investigations into breaches of criminal and insurance law by Metlife subsidiaries:
Galderma, a leading pharmaceutical company in the field of dermatology reinforced the need of all employees to behave in a professional and ethical manner, which puts the patient first. Working closely with SAI Global Galderma developed a code of ethics that represented their corporate values and identity. This code did not just embody policies & procedures, but also an existing competency model designed to promote corporate-wide pride in conducting business in a legal and moral manner – and always in the best interest of the patient and customer.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (36)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)