Sweden-based global clothing brand group H&M Group (H&M) has announced the launch of a new strategy to provide approximately 850,000 textile workers at its suppliers' factories with a fair living wage by 2018 and has revised its roadmap (further information) accordingly.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that the Full Federal Court of Australia has confirmed that the Jewellery Group Pty Ltd (Zamel's) "made false or misleading representations in contravention of [the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 1974 No. 51 (Cth) (the CCA)] [in] its use of [two-price] advertising in catalogues and a flyer".
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has announced that it has penalised mortgage broker Mortgage Choice Ltd (MCL) A$30,600 for three infringement notices for false advertising.
The United Kingdom (UK) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has made available Ensuring the UK remains open for business - requirements for foreign-owned firms (13 November 2013), a speech delivered by FCA supervision director Clive Adamson at the Association of Foreign Banks, London.
Australia's work health and safety (WHS) regulator Safe Work Australia is to consider a proposal to prohibit company directors from claiming an indemnity if charged with a criminal offence under WHS laws, following an increase in the number of companies taking out insurance policies that extend to criminal conduct.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) and a number of other US federal and state agencies have announced a record US$13 billion settlement with bank JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPMorgan). The DoJ states that the settlement is the largest ever with a single entity in US history and resolves "[US] federal and state civil claims arising out of the packaging, marketing, sale and issuance of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) by JPMorgan, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual" during and prior to the global financial crisis.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has made available the following recent speeches by FCA chief executive Martin Wheatley that examine the investment regulation landscape with reference to ethics, conduct and culture:
The United States (US) Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc (Del Monte) has agreed to pay US$1.2 million to settle claims relating to the treatment of more than 100 pineapple farm workers of Thai national origin in Hawaii.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that now defunct Ohio-based carrier firm Star Air Inc and owner Robert Custer have been ordered to pay two truck drivers US$302,000 after the drivers were terminated because they refused to drive until the firm's commercial vehicles were made compliant with various regulations.
Australian Small Business Minister Bruce Billson has announced a number of actions that the federal government will take in response to the findings (July 2013) of a Commonwealth Consumer Affairs Advisory Council (CCAAC) study on credit card surcharges and non-transparent transaction fees.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)