Read this whitepaper to gain insight into considerations towards establishing comprehensive and educated policies on social media compliance, including:
- Getting the policy right: Taking fundemental steps to ensure that your social media policies are clear and straightforward
- Raising policy awareness: Planning an overall approach to employee education and communication that is tailored to your company's objectives and audience
- Staying informed: Monitoring and reviewing laws, regulations and peer-approaches to social media risk mitigation to stay ahead of this maturing topic
United States (US)-based film industry alliance the Motion Picture Association of America Inc (MPAA) has announced that online peer-to-peer (P2P)-shared files search engine isoHunt Web Technologies (isoHunt) and isoHunt operator Gary Fung have agreed to pay US$110 million and to close all isoHunt operations worldwide to settle a copyright suit brought by the MPAA's member studios.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has announced that it has fined retail website operator Grays (NSW) Pty Ltd (Grays) A$165,000 for breaching the Spam Act 2003 No. 129 (Cth) by sending marketing emails:
The United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released The OFT's proposed Principles for online and app-based games (the proposed Principles) and an accompanying Report and consultation (both undated) for public comment.
The Paris Court of Appeals has upheld a ruling requiring Twitter to provide a collective of plaintiffs, including the Union des Etudiants Juifs de France (UEJF) (union of Jewish students of France), with details on users who posted antisemitic material, including a collection of offensive remarks deploying the hashtags #unbonjuif (a good Jew) and #unjuifmort (a dead Jew).
Facebook has released a statement Controversial, Harmful and Hateful Speech on Facebook (28 May 2013) in response to a popular campaign to address offensive or incendiary content displayed on the social media network, particularly such content targeted at women.
The United States (US) Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has made available a speech (30 April 2013) delivered by CFTC chairperson Gary Gensler before the CFTC technology advisory committee in which he references a recent social media hacking incident.
Facebook and the United States National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) have jointly launched Safety and Privacy on Facebook, a consumer education campaign which aims to encourage Facebook users to understand and implement privacy controls on their social networking accounts.
Earlier this week, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced new rules clarifying how companies can use Facebook, Twitter and other social media networks to publicize company information. Last December, the SEC warned Netflix of potential action after Reed Hastings, the company’s chief executive, congratulated his team on Facebook for exceeding a billion hours of video watched in a single month. The regulator was concerned the post violated the Regulation Fair Disclosure law which requires companies to disseminate material information to all investors at the same time.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)