The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has released Guidance consultation - Social media and customer communications (August 2014) for public comment. The document sets out the FCA's proposed supervisory approach to financial promotions in social media.
Microsoft has made available a statement (28 March 2014) by its legal and corporate affairs executive vice president Brad Smith responding to recent news coverage of a 2012 case in which Microsoft investigators accessed the emails of a Microsoft-branded webmail user who "was trafficking in stolen Microsoft source code".
The United Kingdom (UK) Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has urged organisations to ensure they have "a clear personal device at work policy", highlighting a recent incident in which a Royal Veterinary College (RVC) worker lost a digital camera containing the images of six RVC applicants.
Read this whitepaper to gain insight into considerations towards establishing comprehensive and educated policies on social media compliance, including:
- Taking fundemental steps to ensure that your social media policies are clear and straightforward
- Planning an overall approach to employee education and communication
- Monitoring and reviewing laws, regulations and peer-approaches to social media risk mitigation
United States (US)-based film industry alliance the Motion Picture Association of America Inc (MPAA) has announced that online peer-to-peer (P2P)-shared files search engine isoHunt Web Technologies (isoHunt) and isoHunt operator Gary Fung have agreed to pay US$110 million and to close all isoHunt operations worldwide to settle a copyright suit brought by the MPAA's member studios.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has announced that it has fined retail website operator Grays (NSW) Pty Ltd (Grays) A$165,000 for breaching the Spam Act 2003 No. 129 (Cth) by sending marketing emails:
The United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released The OFT's proposed Principles for online and app-based games (the proposed Principles) and an accompanying Report and consultation (both undated) for public comment.
The Paris Court of Appeals has upheld a ruling requiring Twitter to provide a collective of plaintiffs, including the Union des Etudiants Juifs de France (UEJF) (union of Jewish students of France), with details on users who posted antisemitic material, including a collection of offensive remarks deploying the hashtags #unbonjuif (a good Jew) and #unjuifmort (a dead Jew).
Facebook has released a statement Controversial, Harmful and Hateful Speech on Facebook (28 May 2013) in response to a popular campaign to address offensive or incendiary content displayed on the social media network, particularly such content targeted at women.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (36)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (39)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)