The United Kingdom (UK) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has released Consultation Paper - Detailed proposals for the FCA regime for consumer credit (October 2013) (CP13/10) and accompanying appendices (undated) for public comment.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined National Australia Bank Group subsidiary Clydesdale Bank (Clydesdale) £8.9 million for "failing to inform its customers clearly of their rights after ... miscalculat[ing] the repayments on over 42,500 mortgages".
The United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released The OFT's proposed Principles for online and app-based games (the proposed Principles) and an accompanying Report and consultation (both undated) for public comment.
The European Commission (EC) has announced that it has adopted proposals (both dated 26 September 2012) as follows to "improve the safety of medical devices".
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (23 September 2013) that requires New Jersey-based Toronto-Dominion Bank subsidiary TD Bank to pay a civil penalty of US$15 million for its role in a Ponzi scheme that was operated during 2005 - 2009 by since disbarred attorney Scott Rothstein.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has announced that it has issued a formal warning (29 July 2013) to Telstra Corporation Ltd (Telstra) for breaching the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code 2007 by incorrectly billing a large number of international data roaming customers multiple flag fall fees for single data sessions during 2006-12, as a result of Telstra receiving incorrect information from international carriers and from its contracted data clearing house.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that Bunnings Group Ltd (Bunnings) has given a Court enforceable undertaking to strengthen its current compliance program for window coverings, including by conducting pre-shipping inspections and implementing better training for management and buyers and regular audits.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has made available a Final Notice (12 September 2013) that imposes a fine of £1,802,200 on AXA Wealth Services Ltd (AXA) for "failing to ensure it gave suitable investment advice to its customers".
The United States Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel has ruled that a Citigroup Inc (Citigroup) unit must pay at least US$3.1 million to a Florida-based couple who alleged that the firm did not properly supervise a broker.
Marketing technology firm Acxiom Corporation (Acxiom) has drawn criticism from privacy advocates with the launch of its AboutTheData.com website that aims to "provide people with both visibility and control over the data that has been collected about them".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (36)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)