The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola) and the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) have jointly released the Annual Review 2013 (undated) of their global partnership.
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has announced that the OAG and hire vehicle-locating service provider Uber Technologies have reached an agreement (8 July 2014) under which the company is to limit the hire prices offered through its service during periods of abnormal market disruption, such as in emergencies or natural disasters.
The Adidas Group (Adidas) has announced a strategic partnership with textile chemical assessment tool provider Bluesign Technologies aimed at improving the environmental sustainability of Adidas's textile manufacturing.
TransCanada Corporation (TransCanada) has made available its 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report (undated). The report is structured around ten focus areas, including ethical conduct, health and safety, protecting communities, environmental protection and Aboriginal, Native American and Indigenous peoples.
BNY Mellon has made available its Corporate Social Responsibility [(CSR)] 2013 Report (undated), which details the organisation's approach to CSR and its progress towards its CSR goals during the calendar year 2013.
The European Commission (EC) is seeking public comment on the impact that its corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy, as outlined in A renewed EU strategy 2011-14 for Corporate Social Responsibility (25 October 2011), has had over the past three years and the role it should play in the future. The EC is particularly seeking feedback on the success of the EC's actions "in enhancing market reward for CSR, further integrating CSR in education, training and research[,] and better aligning European and global approaches to CSR".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that Anadarko Petroleum Corp (Anadarko), Anadarko subsidiary Kerr-McGee Corp (Kerr-McGee) and Kerr-McGee affiliates have agreed to pay US$5.15 billion, including approximately US$4.4 billion to fund environmental clean-up activities and for environmental claims, to settle a fraudulent conveyance case.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that it has approved Decision and Order (3 April 2014), which "settl[es] charges that [NEW Plastics Corp (NEW)] ... misled consumers and distributors about the recycled content, post-consumer recycled content, and recyclability of its products".
Tobacco company Philip Morris International (PMI) has released its Progress Report 2013 - Agricultural Labor Practices (undated), which details PMI's progress in implementing its agricultural labour practices (ALP) program, launched in 2011, that aims to "progressively eliminate child labor and other labor abuses found on all farms where [PMI] source[s] tobacco".
The Council of the European Union (EU) has announced that the Committee of Permanent Representatives has endorsed an agreement between the Hellenic Presidency of the Council and European Parliament representatives on a draft directive for the disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large public interest entities in the EU with over 500 employees. The draft directive would require such companies to disclose, annually, a statement of policies, outcomes and risks relating to environmental, social and employee-related matters including a description of its diversity policy, respect for human rights, anti-corruption and bribery matters. Where the company has not pursued such policies, it must explain why.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)