The New Zealand (NZ) Commerce Commission has announced that plastic bag manufacturer Eco-Pal Ltd (Eco-Pal) has been fined NZ$60,000 for making misleading claims about the environmental friendliness of one of its product ranges.
Unilever has announced that all palm oil that it purchases from 2014 will be traceable to known sources. According to Unilever, the move contributes to broader efforts to support the use of sustainable palm oil.
The United States (US) Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced its first five enforcement actions alleging misleading biodegradable plastic claims.
International development agency Oxfam Australia has called for socially responsible action from retailers sourcing their products from the Aswad Composite Mills factory in Bangladesh that was the site of a fatal conflagration in October 2013. According to Oxfam Australia, the factory produced fabric for Target Australia and possibly Woolworths also.
Canada-based Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts (Four Seasons), coffee firm La Colombe Torrefaction and charitable corporations the Clinton Foundation and the Leslois Shaw Foundation have announced that Four Seasons will begin serving Haitian coffee at two of its major hotel sites in 2013 "[i]n support of Haiti's redeveloping coffee culture".
The United Nations (UN) Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has announced that UN human rights experts including six special rapporteurs, one independent expert and the chair of a working group on human rights and transnational corporations have called on Republic of Korea-based multinational steel corporation Posco to immediately halt its project to construct "a mega-steel plant" in Odisha, India.
Germany-based automaker Daimler has announced that the "H2 Mobility" initiative partners comprising Air Liquide, Daimler, Linde, OMV, Shell and Total have established an "action plan for the construction of a nationwide hydrogen refuelling network for fuel cell powered electric vehicles".
Renewable oil and bioproducts company Solazyme Inc (Solazyme) has announced that it has executed a commercial supply agreement with global consumer goods company Unilever for Solazyme's renewable oil product Tailored Algal Oil.
The Carbon Trust has announced that it has collaborated with the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) to develop and launch the ABPI blister pack carbon footprint tool "to enable [United Kingdom] companies to estimate the carbon footprint of tablet medicines in blister packs".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)