The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that McKesson Corporation (McKesson) has agreed to pay US$18 million to resolve allegations that the San Francisco-based pharmaceutical distributor "knowingly submitted false claims to [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)] for shipping and handling services that did not satisfy its contractual obligations".
Apple has released Environmental Responsibility Report (June 2014), which reports on the company's progress in the area of environmental responsibility in 2013-14.
Sainsbury's supermarket chain operator J Sainsbury has announced that it has partnered with waste manager Biffa to install a facility that will allow a local Sainsbury's store in the United Kingdom to "run on power generated solely from ... food waste".
A jury in the United States state of Florida has ordered R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company to pay a surviving spouse US$23 billion in punitive damages for the deceased's death.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has made available Agreement containing Consent Order (undated), under which it is proposed that plastic lumber company Engineered Plastics Systems (EPS) settle allegations that it "ma[de] deceptive claims in its advertising and marketing material".
The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola) and the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) have jointly released the Annual Review 2013 (undated) of their global partnership.
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has announced that the OAG and hire vehicle-locating service provider Uber Technologies have reached an agreement (8 July 2014) under which the company is to limit the hire prices offered through its service during periods of abnormal market disruption, such as in emergencies or natural disasters.
The Adidas Group (Adidas) has announced a strategic partnership with textile chemical assessment tool provider Bluesign Technologies aimed at improving the environmental sustainability of Adidas's textile manufacturing.
TransCanada Corporation (TransCanada) has made available its 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report (undated). The report is structured around ten focus areas, including ethical conduct, health and safety, protecting communities, environmental protection and Aboriginal, Native American and Indigenous peoples.
BNY Mellon has made available its Corporate Social Responsibility [(CSR)] 2013 Report (undated), which details the organisation's approach to CSR and its progress towards its CSR goals during the calendar year 2013.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)