The BMW Group has announced that it will partner with German logistics company the SCHERM Group to invest "a six-figure amount" in a pilot project, beginning in mid-2015, to "deploy a 40-ton pure-electric truck in [Munich] ... and become the first automobile manufacturer in Germany to use an electric truck of this size to transport materials on public roads".
The United Kingdom Cabinet Office (CO) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) have jointly announced the release by the CO and national social enterprise organisation Social Enterprise UK of research showing that British consumers are "concerned about where and how they buy products and services".
Simon Sheikh, the former national director of Australia-based campaign organisation GetUp!, has launched Future Super, an ethical fossil fuel-free superannuation fund with the backing of Bendigo Bank and Grosvenor Pirie. Reportedly, Future Super will remove "harmful activities like tobacco, gambling, live animal exports, armaments and fossil fuels" from its portfolio.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Justice (DoJ) have jointly announced that retailer Costco Wholesale Corporation (Costco) has agreed to undertake measures that will cost an estimated US$2 million over the next three years to ensure its compliance with the Clean Air Act (the CAA) (further information).
CVS Health has announced that it ceased the sale of tobacco from its retail pharmacy business on 3 September 2014 in support of "the health and well-being of its patients and customers".
United States-based telecommunications company Verizon has announced that it will make a further investment this year of almost US$40 million on solar power. According to Verizon, the investment will approximately triple the business's current solar energy production of 5.4 megawatts per year.
Nestlé has announced that it has signed a partnership agreement with non-government organisation World Animal Protection, under which "the hundreds of thousands of farms that supply Nestlé with its dairy, meat, poultry and eggs will have to comply with tighter animal welfare standards".
Kellogg Company (Kellogg's) has published the following new documents (both undated) that relate to its management of corporate responsibility:
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that McKesson Corporation (McKesson) has agreed to pay US$18 million to resolve allegations that the San Francisco-based pharmaceutical distributor "knowingly submitted false claims to [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)] for shipping and handling services that did not satisfy its contractual obligations".
Apple has released Environmental Responsibility Report (June 2014), which reports on the company's progress in the area of environmental responsibility in 2013-14.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)