The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office (LA County DA's Office) has announced that Macy's Corporate Services (Macy's) has "pleaded no contest to [c]orporate [c]riminal [l]iability" in relation to the 2009 death of Roy Polanco, who was crushed to death and decapitated by the hydraulic compacting ram of a "cardboard baling and compactor machine at a Macy's distribution center ... when he fell into an unguarded opening of the unit".
The Australian Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) has made available compliance and enforcement actions regarding working conditions, record keeping, and workplace laws.
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs in the United States Department of Labor (OFCCP) has released Notice of proposed rulemaking - Government Contractors, Requirement To Report Summary Data on Employee Compensation (8 August 2014) (the NPRM) for public comment.
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that MPW Industrial Services has agreed to pay US$37,500 and "furnish significant equitable relief" to resolve allegations that it "terminated Todd Semko from his position as a laborer before his first day of work after it learned during a fitness-for-duty evaluation that he has an implanted [t]ranscutaneous [e]lectrical [n]erve [s]timulation (TENS) unit in his lower back for a back impairment".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Travel Management Company has agreed to resolve claims that it engaged in citizenship status discrimination.
France's data protection authority the Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (CNIL) has announced that it has ceased its monitoring of SAS Hypercosmos, since the shopping centre operator has fully complied with a CNIL request to end the excessive use of video surveillance and biometrics.
The Dust Diseases Tribunal of the Australian state of New South Wales has made available its decision in Dunning v BHP Billiton Ltd  NSWDDT 3 (31 July 2014). The Tribunal has awarded A$2.2 million in damages to a former steelworker who contracted terminal mesothelioma from working at BHP Billiton's Newcastle steelworks.
The United Kingdom Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has published Appointments to Boards and Equality Law (July 2014), which "aims to provide guidance on the equality law framework within which appointments to boards must be made".
The United States Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has banned two firms from recruiting Appointed Representatives (ARs) and individual advisers in what is the FCA's first exercise of its suspension powers.
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has announced that Advocate General Niilo Jääskinen at the Court of Justice has delivered his Opinion (17 July 2014) responding to a Danish court's referral (27 June 2014) of several questions in C-354/13 FOA, acting on behalf of Karsten Kaltoft v Kommunernes Landsforening (KL), acting on behalf of the Municipality of Billund. Among other things, the court asks whether it is contrary to EU law for a public-sector employer to "discriminate on grounds of obesity in the labour market".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)