Sweden-based global clothing brand group H&M Group (H&M) has announced the launch of a new strategy to provide approximately 850,000 textile workers at its suppliers' factories with a fair living wage by 2018 and has revised its roadmap (further information) accordingly.
The European Parliament (EP) has announced that, under a draft European Union (EU) Directive recently voted by the EP, stock exchange listed companies in the EU must improve on the "open, transparent procedure for appointing non-executive board members to listed companies" and ensure that by 2020 at least 40% of their non-executive directors are women.
Read this whitepaper to gain insight into considerations towards establishing comprehensive and educated policies on social media compliance, including:
- Getting the policy right: Taking fundemental steps to ensure that your social media policies are clear and straightforward
- Raising policy awareness: Planning an overall approach to employee education and communication that is tailored to your company's objectives and audience
- Staying informed: Monitoring and reviewing laws, regulations and peer-approaches to social media risk mitigation to stay ahead of this maturing topic
Australia's work health and safety (WHS) regulator Safe Work Australia is to consider a proposal to prohibit company directors from claiming an indemnity if charged with a criminal offence under WHS laws, following an increase in the number of companies taking out insurance policies that extend to criminal conduct.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that a San Francisco restaurant has resolved claims that it breached "the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act".
The United States (US) Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced two separate religious discrimination lawsuit settlements, each relating to circumstances in which an individual was denied work after adhering to a religious practice.
The United States (US) Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc (Del Monte) has agreed to pay US$1.2 million to settle claims relating to the treatment of more than 100 pineapple farm workers of Thai national origin in Hawaii.
The United States (US) Department of Labor (DoL) has announced that now defunct Ohio-based carrier firm Star Air Inc and owner Robert Custer have been ordered to pay two truck drivers US$302,000 after the drivers were terminated because they refused to drive until the firm's commercial vehicles were made compliant with various regulations.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (the Alliance) has announced that it has reached agreement with key labour rights advocates and Bangladeshi researchers on "a common, minimum criterion for fire and structural inspection safety standards [for the garment industry in Bangladesh], pending a few final modifications".
The United States Department of Labor (DoL) has released Proposed Rule - Improve Tracking of Workplace Injuries and Illnesses (8 November 2013) for public comment. According to the DoL, the proposed rule would introduce requirements for the annual submission of establishment-specific injury and illness data to the DoL Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)