The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines (GSK Vaccines) has agreed to pay US$172,900 to settle allegations that it breached the Clean Air Act (the CAA) by "fail[ing] to submit a risk management plan at its facility ... in Hamilton, Montana".
Scotland's prosecution service the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) has announced that SW Global Resourcing has pleaded guilty to "a breach of [the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 c. 37 (UK)] which resulted in the death of an employee at [a water viaduct] in 2010".
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that EI du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont) has agreed (15 September 2014) to pay US$1,853,000 to settle allegations that the company "failed to submit reports to EPA about [the] potential adverse effects of an herbicide product called Imprelis, and sold it with labeling that did not ensure its safe use".
The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana has made available Judge Carl Barbier's Findings of fact and conclusions of law (4 September 2014) in In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon" in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010.
Simon Sheikh, the former national director of Australia-based campaign organisation GetUp!, has launched Future Super, an ethical fossil fuel-free superannuation fund with the backing of Bendigo Bank and Grosvenor Pirie. Reportedly, Future Super will remove "harmful activities like tobacco, gambling, live animal exports, armaments and fossil fuels" from its portfolio.
The Land and Environment Court of the Australian State of New South Wales (NSW) has handed down its judgment in Environment Protection Authority v Big Island Mining Pty Ltd  NSWLEC 131 (26 August 2014). According to the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA), the Court has ordered Big Island Mining (BIM) to pay a total of $196,000 after the gold mine operator pleaded guilty to "polluting Spring and Majors [c]reeks on three separate occasions in 2013".
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Justice (DoJ) have jointly announced that retailer Costco Wholesale Corporation (Costco) has agreed to undertake measures that will cost an estimated US$2 million over the next three years to ensure its compliance with the Clean Air Act (the CAA) (further information).
The Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) of the Australian state of Victoria has advised that Pasta Al Dente (Aust) (PAD) has been fined A$50,000 after pleading guilty to one charge of failing, so far as was reasonably practicable, to provide and maintain a plant that was safe and without risks to health.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have jointly announced that EI du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont) has agreed to pay US$1.275 million and take corrective action to settle allegations that the company breached:
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that the following pesticide companies that share a common owner have agreed to pay a total of US$74,513 in penalties to "settle allegations related to the production and distribution of unregistered and misbranded pesticides":
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)