Australia's work health and safety (WHS) regulator Safe Work Australia is to consider a proposal to prohibit company directors from claiming an indemnity if charged with a criminal offence under WHS laws, following an increase in the number of companies taking out insurance policies that extend to criminal conduct.
The New Zealand (NZ) Commerce Commission has announced that plastic bag manufacturer Eco-Pal Ltd (Eco-Pal) has been fined NZ$60,000 for making misleading claims about the environmental friendliness of one of its product ranges.
The New Zealand (NZ) Commerce Commission has announced that rubbish bag manufacturer Eco-Pal Ltd (Eco-Pal) has been fined NZ$60,000 for making misleading claims about the environmental friendliness of one of its product ranges.
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that carbon black manufacturer Cabot Corporation (Cabot) has agreed to settle alleged breaches of the Clean Air Act (the CAA) at three of its facilities by paying a US$975,000 civil penalty and spending approximately US$84 million for remedial technology.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (the Alliance) has announced that it has reached agreement with key labour rights advocates and Bangladeshi researchers on "a common, minimum criterion for fire and structural inspection safety standards [for the garment industry in Bangladesh], pending a few final modifications".
Unilever has announced that all palm oil that it purchases from 2014 will be traceable to known sources. According to Unilever, the move contributes to broader efforts to support the use of sustainable palm oil.
The United States Department of Labor (DoL) has released Proposed Rule - Improve Tracking of Workplace Injuries and Illnesses (8 November 2013) for public comment. According to the DoL, the proposed rule would introduce requirements for the annual submission of establishment-specific injury and illness data to the DoL Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
The United Kingdom (UK) Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has announced that Carillion AM Government Ltd (Carillion) has been fined £180,000 and ordered to pay £28,551 in costs for breaching the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 c. 37 (UK) after a motorist sustained serious injuries from colliding with traffic signs at a road closure near Saxmundham.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that former Port Arthur Chemical and Environmental Services (PACES) president Matthew Bowman has been sentenced to 12 months' imprisonment for "occupational safety crimes which resulted in the death of an employee".
The United States (US) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that BBA Winchester, the owner of a now demolished hotel, has reached a settlement with the EPA regarding asbestos-related breaches in connection with the hotel's "improper demolition".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)