The United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has ordered (7 August 2014) Hyundai Motor America and Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center (collectively, Hyundai) to pay a US$17.35 million civil penalty and meet supervision requirements, in order to resolve the automaker's alleged failure to report in a timely manner a safety-related defect affecting a number of its vehicles.
The Environment Protection Authority of the Australian state of New South Wales (NSW EPA) has announced that it has issued chemical services provider Orica a Management Order (28 July 2014) to commence the clean-up stage of the remediation of "arsenic contaminated groundwater at the company's Kooragang Island site".
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that ConAgra Grocery Products Company (ConAgra) has agreed to pay US$5.7 million to reimburse the EPA the costs of cleaning up tannery sludge disposed of by alleged predecessor to ConAgra the AC Lawrence Leather Company into a series of sludge lagoons during 1955 - 1975.
The Australian state of Western Australia's Department of Environment Regulation (DER) has announced that Brownes Food Operations Pty Ltd has been fined A$100,000 under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 No. 87 (WA) in the Bunbury Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to pollution.
The Dust Diseases Tribunal of the Australian state of New South Wales has made available its decision in Dunning v BHP Billiton Ltd  NSWDDT 3 (31 July 2014). The Tribunal has awarded A$2.2 million in damages to a former steelworker who contracted terminal mesothelioma from working at BHP Billiton's Newcastle steelworks.
Apple has released Environmental Responsibility Report (June 2014), which reports on the company's progress in the area of environmental responsibility in 2013-14.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have jointly announced that Allete Inc (Minnesota Power) has agreed to spend more than US$500 million implementing pollution reduction measures at its coal-fired power plants in order to settle air pollution claims.
The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola) and the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) have jointly released the Annual Review 2013 (undated) of their global partnership.
The Supreme Court of the Australian state of Victoria has announced that the parties to a class action arising from the February 2009 Victorian bushfires (Black Saturday) that "killed 173 people and injured thousands of others" have reached a settlement of approximately A$495 million. According to the Court, the action involves more than 10,500 group members and relates to the damage caused in the Kilmore East-Kinglake area, where 119 people died and 1,200 homes were destroyed.
The United States Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has announced that it has issued Rhino Eastern 38 citations for health and safety breaches at a coal mine in West Virginia.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)