The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that six banks and the International Development Finance Club have agreed on Common Principles for Climate Change Adaptation Finance Tracking (undated). The banks include the EIB, African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank and the World Bank Group.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available Attorney General Loretta Lynch's statement on BP's agreement in principle to settle civil claims by the US, state and local governments in relation to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill that occurred on the Gulf of Mexico in 2010.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has made available Special Report - The integrity and implementation of the EU ETS (undated), which "finds that the [European Commission] and [m]ember [s]tates did not adequately manage all aspects of the [European Union (EU) Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)], which is the main element of the EU climate and energy package".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Glasgow-based shipping company Norbulk Shipping UK Ltd (Norbulk) has pleaded guilty to "failing to maintain an accurate oil record book", and "providing false statements to the [US coast guard] concerning the vessel's garbage record book". According to the DoJ, the company was sentenced to pay a US$750,000 fine and placed on three years of probation.
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that it is lending development company wpd AG €156 million to develop the Nordergründe wind farm in the German coastal part of the North Sea. According to the EIB, the wind farm will "consist of 18 turbines with a total generating capacity of 111 [megawatts]".
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) has announced that it and the United States Coast Guard have jointly issued a federal order under the Clean Water Act (further information) to "ensure the cleanup of heavy crude oil leaked from a pipeline near Refugio State Beach, Santa Barbara County, [California]".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that three subsidiaries of Duke Energy Corporation have pleaded guilty to nine breaches of the Clean Water Act (further information), in relation to a major coal ash spill at the Dan River in North Carolina in February 2014, and historical breaches at the subsidiaries' other facilities. According to the DoJ, the companies have entered into plea agreements to:
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that refrigeration company Enviro-Safe Refrigerants Inc (Enviro-Safe) "has agreed to pay a [US$300,000] civil penalty and cease marketing and sale of unapproved flammable hydrocarbon refrigerants as substitutes for ozone depleting substances (ODS)".
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that it will provide a €150 million loan to household goods company AB Electrolux (Electrolux) "for the development of more energy-efficient, more user-friendly and better performing white goods and small electric household appliances".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)