The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola) and the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) have jointly released the Annual Review 2013 (undated) of their global partnership.
The Supreme Court of the Australian state of Victoria has announced that the parties to a class action arising from the February 2009 Victorian bushfires (Black Saturday) that "killed 173 people and injured thousands of others" have reached a settlement of approximately A$495 million. According to the Court, the action involves more than 10,500 group members and relates to the damage caused in the Kilmore East-Kinglake area, where 119 people died and 1,200 homes were destroyed.
The United States Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has announced that it has issued Rhino Eastern 38 citations for health and safety breaches at a coal mine in West Virginia.
The Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) of the Australian state of Victoria has issued a series of prosecution summaries (all undated) for June 2014.
The workplace safety and health division of the Australian state of Western Australia's Department of Commerce (WorkSafe WA) has announced that vegetable packer and exporter North East Equity has been fined A$33,000 and ordered to pay approximately A$1,200 in costs in the Magistrates' Court, following an incident in which an employee's thumb was crushed between the cradle and frame of a bin tipper for a carrot hopper.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced monetary penalties in separate matters involving the storage of hazardous chemicals.
The United States National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has released a summary (24 June 2014) of its report and recommendations in relation to the accident involving Asiana Airlines Flight 214 at San Francisco International Airport on 6 July 2013.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Ford Motor Company (Ford) is revising the fuel economy estimates for six of its models and has agreed to correct its fuel economy labels for affected vehicles within 15 days. According to the EPA, Ford identified errors in its estimates during an internal review.
The Adidas Group (Adidas) has announced a strategic partnership with textile chemical assessment tool provider Bluesign Technologies aimed at improving the environmental sustainability of Adidas's textile manufacturing.
TransCanada Corporation (TransCanada) has made available its 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report (undated). The report is structured around ten focus areas, including ethical conduct, health and safety, protecting communities, environmental protection and Aboriginal, Native American and Indigenous peoples.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)