The Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) has announced that the Latvian, Austrian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Dutch and Finnish Ministers for Defence, as well as the heads of the European External Action Service, the European Defence Agency and the EU Military Committee have signed a pledge to "mitigate human-related risks in cyber space by launching the Cyber Hygiene initiative".
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that it will provide a €150 million loan to household goods company AB Electrolux (Electrolux) "for the development of more energy-efficient, more user-friendly and better performing white goods and small electric household appliances".
European Union (EU) competition regulator the European Commission (EC) has made available the following fact sheets (both dated 15 April 2015) outlining recent parallel actions against Google:
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (14 April 2015) Clydesdale Bank (Clydesdale) £20,678,300, the largest-ever fine handed down by the FCA for failures relating to payment protection insurance (PPI). According to the FCA, Clydesdale's failures include "implement[ing] inappropriate policies which meant that its PPI complaint handlers were not taking into account all relevant documents when deciding how to deal with complaints".
The BMW Group has announced that it will partner with German logistics company the SCHERM Group to invest "a six-figure amount" in a pilot project, beginning in mid-2015, to "deploy a 40-ton pure-electric truck in [Munich] ... and become the first automobile manufacturer in Germany to use an electric truck of this size to transport materials on public roads".
The Guardian reports that in a retrial on corruption charges, former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert has been been convicted on charges of fraud and breach of trust, after the Jerusalem District Court found that during his time as cabinet minister Mr Olmert accepted money from United States businessperson Morris Talansky in exchange for commercial favours. Reportedly, Mr Olmert and used a portion of the money to bribe his former office manager Shula Zaken in exchange for loyalty, and kept a portion for his personal use. According to The Guardian, the Court described Mr Olmert's actions as a "serious conflict of interest".
Scotland's prosecution service the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) has announced that SW Global Resourcing has pleaded guilty to "a breach of [the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 c. 37 (UK)] which resulted in the death of an employee at [a water viaduct] in 2010".
The United Kingdom Cabinet Office (CO) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) have jointly announced the release by the CO and national social enterprise organisation Social Enterprise UK of research showing that British consumers are "concerned about where and how they buy products and services".
German federal competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced a further €6.2 million in fines against 14 companies and 17 individuals in its cartel proceedings against concrete paving stone manufacturers.
The United Kingdom Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has published Employer guide - time off to accompany a pregnant woman to ante-natal appointments (September 2014), advising that "[f]rom 1 October 2014, ... the partner of a pregnant woman ... will be entitled to take unpaid time off work to attend antenatal appointments with their partner".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (36)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (39)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)