The BMW Group has announced that it will partner with German logistics company the SCHERM Group to invest "a six-figure amount" in a pilot project, beginning in mid-2015, to "deploy a 40-ton pure-electric truck in [Munich] ... and become the first automobile manufacturer in Germany to use an electric truck of this size to transport materials on public roads".
The Guardian reports that in a retrial on corruption charges, former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert has been been convicted on charges of fraud and breach of trust, after the Jerusalem District Court found that during his time as cabinet minister Mr Olmert accepted money from United States businessperson Morris Talansky in exchange for commercial favours. Reportedly, Mr Olmert and used a portion of the money to bribe his former office manager Shula Zaken in exchange for loyalty, and kept a portion for his personal use. According to The Guardian, the Court described Mr Olmert's actions as a "serious conflict of interest".
Scotland's prosecution service the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) has announced that SW Global Resourcing has pleaded guilty to "a breach of [the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 c. 37 (UK)] which resulted in the death of an employee at [a water viaduct] in 2010".
The United Kingdom Cabinet Office (CO) and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) have jointly announced the release by the CO and national social enterprise organisation Social Enterprise UK of research showing that British consumers are "concerned about where and how they buy products and services".
German federal competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced a further €6.2 million in fines against 14 companies and 17 individuals in its cartel proceedings against concrete paving stone manufacturers.
The United Kingdom Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has published Employer guide - time off to accompany a pregnant woman to ante-natal appointments (September 2014), advising that "[f]rom 1 October 2014, ... the partner of a pregnant woman ... will be entitled to take unpaid time off work to attend antenatal appointments with their partner".
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has made available an enforcement notice (27 August 2014) served under the Data Protection Act 1998 c. 29 (UK) to Winchester and Deakin Ltd (trading as Rapid Legal and Scarlet Reclaim) after the direct marketing company was found to have made unsolicited marketing calls to people who had:
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has announced that Racing Post has signed an undertaking (undated) to improve its electronic data security practices following the compromise of 677,335 accounts during a data breach in October 2013.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (27 August 2014) The Royal Bank of Scotland and National Westminster Bank £14,474,600 for "serious failings in their advised mortgage sales business".
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has announced that a bank employee responsible for investigating money laundering allegations has been fined after admitting to having read his colleagues' bank accounts.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (36)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (39)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)