European Union (EU) competition regulator the European Commission has announced that it has fined France-based pharmaceutical company Servier and a group of generic medicine producers a total of €427.7 million for "concluding a series of deals all aimed at protecting Servier's bestselling blood pressure medicine, perindopril, from price competition by generics in the EU".
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has announced that the Court of Justice (CJ) has handed down its judgment in C-295/12P Telefónica S.A. and Telefónica de Espaħa S:A:U: v Commission ECLI:EU:C:2014:2062 (10 July 2014), upholding the European Commission's (EC) decision (4 July 2007) fining telecommunications provider Telefónica SA and its Spanish subsidiary (collectively, Telefónica) more than €151 million for "abuse of a dominant position on the Spanish broadband market" (further information).
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission has released Public Statement - Shortcomings in anti-money laundering and social responsibility controls: Hillside (New Media) Limited (bet365) (25 June 2014). The commission has conducted its own investigation (the Investigation) into bet365 following a West Yorkshire Police investigation that resulted in an individual being convicted for theft and money laundering offences.
The United Kingdom Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) has announced that it has decided to accept a £1 million payment from British Gas in lieu of opening a formal investigation into the company's mis-selling to customers at supermarket and shopping centre locations.
The European Commission (EC) has made available Facilitating tax compliance, Tackling non-compliance (3 July 2014), the text of a speech delivered by European Taxation Commissioner Algirdas Šemeta at the Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations' 18th general assembly in Belgrade.
German federal competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced that it has ceased its proceedings against Adidas AG (Adidas) following the company's decision to lift a ban that had prevented authorised retailers of Adidas's products from selling those products on online marketplaces.
The United Kingdom Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), Deputy Prime Minister's Office (DPMO) and Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) have jointly announced the commencement of "the statutory right to request flexible working after 26 weeks['] employment service" under the Employment Rights Act 1996 c. 18 (UK) (the Provisions).
The European Commission (EC) has announced that it has fined canned mushroom producers for their participation in "a cartel to coordinate prices and allocate [European customers] during more than a year".
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has handed down its judgment in C-507/12 Jessy Saint Prix v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (19 June 2014) after being asked by the United Kingdom Supreme Court "whether a woman who gives up work, or seeking work, because of the physical constraints of the late stages of pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth is a 'worker' for the purposes of [European Union (EU)] law".
The United Kingdom Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) has announced that it has accepted commitments (19 June 2014) offered by energy retailer RWE npower (npower) to be observed while Ofgem conducts its first investigation under its New standards of conduct for suppliers - domestic consumers (2013), which will examine apparent customer service failings by Ofgem.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)