The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that six banks and the International Development Finance Club have agreed on Common Principles for Climate Change Adaptation Finance Tracking (undated). The banks include the EIB, African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank and the World Bank Group.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has made available Special Report - The integrity and implementation of the EU ETS (undated), which "finds that the [European Commission] and [m]ember [s]tates did not adequately manage all aspects of the [European Union (EU) Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)], which is the main element of the EU climate and energy package".
The European Commission (the Commission) has announced that it has "fined eight manufacturers and two distributors of retail food packaging trays a total of [€115,865,000] for having participated in at least one of five separate cartels". According to the Commission, the companies fixed the prices and customers of polystyrene foam or polypropylene rigid trays, which are used for packaging food sold in supermarkets.
“It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come” (Sam Cooke)
After two years’ painful gestation, EU legislators hope to gain European Parliament approval this year, for a new regulation aimed at safeguarding personal data. For many EU citizens however, these changes can’t come quickly enough.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Glasgow-based shipping company Norbulk Shipping UK Ltd (Norbulk) has pleaded guilty to "failing to maintain an accurate oil record book", and "providing false statements to the [US coast guard] concerning the vessel's garbage record book". According to the DoJ, the company was sentenced to pay a US$750,000 fine and placed on three years of probation.
The United Kingdom (UK) Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has announced that it has "launched a new government-backed project aimed at unlocking economic and creative potential by increasing the diversity of people working in Britain's television sector".
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined Lloyds Bank Plc, Bank of Scotland Plc and Black Horse Ltd (together, Lloyds) £117 million for "failing to treat their customers fairly when handling [p]ayment [p]rotection [i]nsurance (PPI) complaints between March 2012 and May 2013".
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that it is lending development company wpd AG €156 million to develop the Nordergründe wind farm in the German coastal part of the North Sea. According to the EIB, the wind farm will "consist of 18 turbines with a total generating capacity of 111 [megawatts]".
The Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) has announced that the Latvian, Austrian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Dutch and Finnish Ministers for Defence, as well as the heads of the European External Action Service, the European Defence Agency and the EU Military Committee have signed a pledge to "mitigate human-related risks in cyber space by launching the Cyber Hygiene initiative".
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has announced that it will provide a €150 million loan to household goods company AB Electrolux (Electrolux) "for the development of more energy-efficient, more user-friendly and better performing white goods and small electric household appliances".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)