The United Kingdom Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has announced that an incident in which a foundry worker was pinned against a storage bin by 964 kilograms of falling machinery that had a temperature of between 100°C and 250°C has resulted in a company being fined £120,000 and ordered to pay costs of £55,000.
Chinese authorities, through their raid of Shanghai Linjiang International Travel Agency, have uncovered fake contracts and travel invoices which suggest that pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) bribed government officials, foundations, doctors and hospitals.
The United Kingdom (UK) treasury department HM Treasury has released Operation of the UK's Counter-Terrorist Asset Freezing Regime: 1 April 2013 to 30 June 2013 (16 July 2013).
The United Kingdom (UK) Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has released Discussion Paper - Transparency and trust: Enhancing the transparency of UK company ownership and increasing trust in UK business (July 2013) for public comment.
The United Kingdom (UK) Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has released a consultation paper A Call for views - Corporate Responsibility (June 2013) for public comment. The consultation paper seeks comments to inform the development of a framework for action on corporate social responsibility in the UK, setting out what the UK's priorities are "in respect of corporate responsibility and the actions [g]overnment, business and wider society will need to take in order to get there".
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd (Sony) has decided to pay a fine of £250,000, issued by the United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in January 2013, for a security breach that occurred in 2011 and may have compromised the account details of up to 70 million Sony customers.
The United Kingdom Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has announced that former RP Martin Holdings Limited interdealer brokers Terry Farr and James Gilmour have been charged with offences of conspiracy to defraud in connection with the investigation by the SFO into the manipulation of the London interbank offered rate (Libor) benchmark interest rates.
German competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced that it has fined Moravia Steel Deutschland GmbH €10 million for concluding a price and quota agreement in the "normal rails" product market during 2001 - 2009.
French competition regulator the Autorite de la concurrence has made available the finalised text of its new guidelines (undated - French language version available only) on merger control.
The United Kingdom Competition Commission (CC) has released Annual Report and Accounts 2012/13 (15 July 2013), which "details investigations completed by the CC during the 2012/13 reporting year, including eight merger inquiries, one market investigation and three regulatory appeals".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)