The United Kingdom National Audit Office (NAO) has released its memorandum The Ministry of Justice's electronic monitoring contracts (19 November 2013), which sets out the UK Ministry of Justice's (MoJ) decision to commission an independent forensic audit of its electronic monitoring contracts with the firms G4S and Serco.
The United Kingdom (UK) Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has announced that Carillion AM Government Ltd (Carillion) has been fined £180,000 and ordered to pay £28,551 in costs for breaching the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 c. 37 (UK) after a motorist sustained serious injuries from colliding with traffic signs at a road closure near Saxmundham.
United Kingdom (UK) Prime Minister David Cameron has made available his speech delivered at the Open Government Partnership Summit 2013 on 31 October 2013, in which he states that the UK government intends to create a publicly accessible central registry of information on beneficial ownership.
The European Parliament (EP) Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (the LIBE Committee) has announced that the EP, the Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) and EU member nation national governments have reached provisional agreement on the text of a draft law that would provide non-EU-citizen seasonal workers with improved working and living conditions.
United Kingdom (UK)-based energy retailer Scottish Power Ltd (ScottishPower) has announced that it has established a £1 million customer compensation fund following enforcement action by the UK Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) regarding ScottishPower's breach of market licencing conditions.
Germany's competition regulator, the Bundeskartellamt (BKA), has announced that it has concluded its proceedings in relation to a porcelain manufacturing cartel by fining the firms Porzellanfabrik Christian Seltmann and KAHLA/Thüringen Porzellan GmbH, the ceramic industry association (Verband der Keramischen Industrie) and two individuals a total of almost €900,000.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has made available Complaints data (16 October 2013) for the period from January 2013 to June 2013, containing "details of the complaints received by banks, insurers, lenders and other firms, and what those complaints were about".
The United Kingdom (UK) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued Policy Statement - Publishing information about enforcement warning notices (October 2013), which sets out how the FCA will use its new power under the Financial Services Act 2012 (UK) to "publicise warning notices by publishing information about proposed enforcement action".
The Senate of France has made available a Bill (French language version available only) that has been referred to its culture, education and communication committee, having been passed by the National Assembly on 3 October 2013. According to The Guardian, the Bill proposes to amend Act No. 81-766 of 10 August 1981 (French language version available only), also known as the Lang Law, that regulates book pricing.
The United Kingdom (UK) Competition Commission (CC) has made available its Final Report (8 October 2013) on Cineworld Group's (Cineworld) acquisition of City Screen Ltd (City Screen), which concludes that the acquisition "could lead to a substantial lessening of competition" in three areas of the UK. The CC announced that Cineworld is now required to sell one of the cinemas that it owns in each of the areas of Aberdeen, Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (36)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)