The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (21 August 2014) Deutsche Bank's London branch (Deutsche) £4,718,800 for "incorrectly reporting transactions between November 2007 and April 2013".
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (27 August 2014) The Royal Bank of Scotland and National Westminster Bank £14,474,600 for "serious failings in their advised mortgage sales business".
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that its review of more than 1,500 financial promotions for consumer credit products has found that some are "still falling short of [the FCA's] rules[,] and firms need to do more to ensure that advertisements do not mislead consumers".
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (7 August 2014) Stonebridge International Insurance £8.4 million after finding that, between April 2011 and December 2012, the firm engaged in the following conduct in its sale of accident insurance products:
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has released Guidance consultation - Social media and customer communications (August 2014) for public comment. The document sets out the FCA's proposed supervisory approach to financial promotions in social media.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has issued final notices to the following entities (both dated 16 June 2014), fining them for "failing to ensure [that] financial promotions for [Credit Suisse International's (Credit Suisse)] Cliquet Product were clear, fair and not misleading":
Prosecutors from the US Department of Justice (DoJ) have travelled to London to conduct joint interviews with the United Kingdom's (UK) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), of UK-based currency traders in connection with an investigation into alleged rigging of foreign exchange rates.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined (24 March 2014) Santander UK £12,377,800 after finding that the bank breached Principles 7 (Communications with clients) and 9 (Customers: relationships of trust) of the FCA's Principles for Business (February 2014) in the way it offered customers financial advice.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined general insurance broker Besso £315,000 for failing to effectively manage risks of bribery and corruption.
The United Kingdom (UK) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) made available Regulatory Developments and the Changing Market Structure on 12 March 2014, a speech prepared for delivery by FCA markets director David Lawton at a conference on global capital markets, hosted by The Law Society of England and Wales and the American Bar Association international law section on 27 February 2014 in London.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)