The United States (US) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the US Federal Reserve board (FRB) have announced respectively that JPMorgan Chase & Co (JP) has agreed to pay US$300 million, £137,610,000 (US$220 million), US$200 million and US$200 million as part of a global settlement in relation to the so-called London Whale trades.
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined ICAP Europe Ltd (ICAP) £14 million in the first penalty to be handed to a brokerage firm in relation to manipulation of the benchmark interest rate known as Libor.
The United States (US) Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois (USAO NDIL) has announced that TY Inc owner and Beanie Babies plush toy brand creator H. Ty Warner has agreed to plead guilty to a US federal tax evasion charge that he "fail[ed] to report income he earned in a secret offshore financial account".
The United States (US) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has made available an Order (23 September 2013) that requires New Jersey-based Toronto-Dominion Bank subsidiary TD Bank to pay a civil penalty of US$15 million for its role in a Ponzi scheme that was operated during 2005 - 2009 by since disbarred attorney Scott Rothstein.
A United States (US) Court has approved a settlement under which UBS Securities Japan Co (UBS Securities Japan) has agreed to pay a US$100 million criminal penalty after pleading guilty to wire fraud in relation to its part in manipulating the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor), a benchmark interest rate.
The United States Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel has ruled that a Citigroup Inc (Citigroup) unit must pay at least US$3.1 million to a Florida-based couple who alleged that the firm did not properly supervise a broker.
The United States (US) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has announced that it has fined Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Morgan Stanley & Co (Morgan Stanley) US$1 million and ordered them to pay US$188,000 in restitution for failing to provide:
The United States' (US) largest bank JPMorgan Chase & Co (JP) has agreed to pay US$18.3 million to settle a 2007-initiated class action which claimed that JP and the Bear Stearns Companies Inc (Bear) lending unit failed to make proper disclosures regarding interest rates for certain mortgages known as option adjustable rate mortgages.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has announced that it will cancel liquidator Mark Levi's registration after a finding by the Companies Auditors and Liquidators Disciplinary Board (CALDB) that he was "not a fit and proper person" for his registration due to his being "persistently and seriously dishonest".
The United States' (US) largest bank JPMorgan Chase & Co (JP) has agreed to pay US$23 million to settle allegations that it mishandled client funds by investing them in notes from the now bankrupt Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc (Lehman).
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (35)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)