The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) has released the press brief Facebook, Twitter & YouTube - What are you doing about Violence Against Women? (August 2014) which sets out APC-developed research into the corporate policies of the global social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to "analyse each platform's mechanism for identifying, reporting and rectifying incidents of harassment or [violence against women]".
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced that EI du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont) has agreed (15 September 2014) to pay US$1,853,000 to settle allegations that the company "failed to submit reports to EPA about [the] potential adverse effects of an herbicide product called Imprelis, and sold it with labeling that did not ensure its safe use".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Hewlett-Packard subsidiary HP Russia is to pay a number of penalties totalling more than US$108 million after pleading guilty to "bribing Russian government officials to secure a large technology contract with ... the Russian Federation".
France's antitrust authority the Autorité de la concurrence (the Autorité) has announced that it has obtained the following commitments from single serve coffee capsule and machine brand Nespresso that address competition concerns raised with the Autorité by Nespresso machine-compatible coffee capsule makers DEMB and the Ethical Coffee Company:
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced that it has fined (21 August 2014) Deutsche Bank's London branch (Deutsche) £4,718,800 for "incorrectly reporting transactions between November 2007 and April 2013".
The United States Department of the Treasury has made available Enforcement information for August 27, 2014 (undated), announcing that Branch Banking & Trust Co (BB&T) has agreed to pay US$19,125 to settle an apparent breach of the Sudanese Sanctions Regulations.
The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has announced that Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) has been issued an order (19 August 2014) (the Order) to undertake various measures, including payment of a US$300 million penalty, for its failures to remediate anti-money laundering (AML) compliance problems under a 2012 settlement with NYDFS.
Nestlé has announced that it has signed a partnership agreement with non-government organisation World Animal Protection, under which "the hundreds of thousands of farms that supply Nestlé with its dairy, meat, poultry and eggs will have to comply with tighter animal welfare standards".
PayPal has stated that it has "contained" a security issue made public by Australian school student Joshua Rogers, with the online payment processor maintaining that the vulnerability affected only "a small number of customers".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)