The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has released Guidance consultation - Social media and customer communications (August 2014) for public comment. The document sets out the FCA's proposed supervisory approach to financial promotions in social media.
Apple has released Environmental Responsibility Report (June 2014), which reports on the company's progress in the area of environmental responsibility in 2013-14.
The China Food and Drug Administration has asked local authorities to examine food processing facilities associated with supplier Shanghai Husi Food (Shanghai Husi) following reports that the company supplied several fast food chains with products containing expired meat.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ), the US Attorney's Office for the District of Connecticut and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have jointly announced that William Pomponi has pleaded guilty for "his participation in a scheme to pay bribes to foreign government officials".
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has announced that the Court of Justice (CJ) has handed down its decision in C-421/13 Apple v DPMA ECLI:EU:C:2014:2070 (10 July 2014), finding that the interior layout of Apple's flagship stores "may, subject to certain conditions, be registered as a trade mark".
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has announced the settlement of charges that Apple "participat[ed] in a price-fixing conspiracy that ... raised the prices of [e]-books sold to consumers in New York and throughout [the United States]".
The Coca-Cola Company (Coca-Cola) and the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) have jointly released the Annual Review 2013 (undated) of their global partnership.
The United States Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has announced that it has barred former equity trader Kenneth Allen from the securities industry for trading shares in Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) after learning that the company was "close to announcing a secondary public offering of its securities".
Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg has commented on the social network service provider's role in a recently published study that examined the transfer of emotional states by "reducing the amount of emotional content in [Facebook users' view of their friends' content]" (further information).
Goldman Sachs Group (GS) has filed a complaint in a New York state court against Google after a GS contractor accidentally emailed "highly confidential brokerage account information" to a stranger's account with Google's webmail service Gmail. Reportedly, the contractor sent a report to a "gmail.com" account when it was intended for a "gs.com" account.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)