Sweden-based global clothing brand group H&M Group (H&M) has announced the launch of a new strategy to provide approximately 850,000 textile workers at its suppliers' factories with a fair living wage by 2018 and has revised its roadmap (further information) accordingly.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available a speech delivered by US Deputy Attorney General James Cole at a conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (the FCPA) on 19 November 2013.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) and a number of other US federal and state agencies have announced a record US$13 billion settlement with bank JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPMorgan). The DoJ states that the settlement is the largest ever with a single entity in US history and resolves "[US] federal and state civil claims arising out of the packaging, marketing, sale and issuance of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) by JPMorgan, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual" during and prior to the global financial crisis.
The United States (US) Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc (Del Monte) has agreed to pay US$1.2 million to settle claims relating to the treatment of more than 100 pineapple farm workers of Thai national origin in Hawaii.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (the Alliance) has announced that it has reached agreement with key labour rights advocates and Bangladeshi researchers on "a common, minimum criterion for fire and structural inspection safety standards [for the garment industry in Bangladesh], pending a few final modifications".
The European Commission (EC) has made available Competition in the online world, a transcript of a public lecture delivered by EC vice president responsible for competition policy Joaquín Almunia at the London School of Economics on 11 November 2013.
United States (US) Assistant Attorney General Bill Baer has announced that the US Department of Justice (DoJ) has filed a proposed settlement with US Airways Group and AMR Corporation which, subject to court approval, would resolve a DoJ antitrust suit that challenges a proposed merger between US Airways Group-operated airline US Airways and AMR Corporation-operated airline American Airlines.
Unilever has announced that all palm oil that it purchases from 2014 will be traceable to known sources. According to Unilever, the move contributes to broader efforts to support the use of sustainable palm oil.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Iraq-based privately owned firm Iraqi Consultants and Constructions Bureau (ICCB) has paid US$2.7 million to settle bribery allegations.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)