The Memphis Business Journal reports that United States District Judge Henry T. Wingate has denied Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood's attempt to block Google from accessing correspondence between Mr Hood and the Motion Picture Association of America.
The ruling forms part of Google's lawsuit against Mr Hood, which reportedly came about after Mr Hood "subpoenaed information from Google over what the attorney general says is related to an investigation over Google sharing its [advertising] revenue with makers of videos who promote illegal drug sales". According to the Memphis Business Journal, Google then filed its lawsuit against Hood alleging that the attorney general's investigation was illegal, and that Mr Hood is assisting the Motion Picture Association of America in a campaign to "use legal action to investigate online piracy in ways not approved by Congress".
Memphis Business Journal: Judge sides with Google against Mississippi Attorney General (13 April 2015)
(Source: Memphis Business Journal)
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Austin Alcala, a fourth member of an international computer hacking ring has pleaded guilty to "conspiracy to commit computer intrusions and criminal copyright infringement based on his role in the cyber theft of software and data related to the Xbox One gaming console and Xbox Live online gaming system, and popular games such as the ['FIFA'] online soccer series; ['Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3']; and ['Gears of War 3']" between 2012 and 2014.
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has made available an enforcement notice (27 August 2014) served under the Data Protection Act 1998 c. 29 (UK) to Winchester and Deakin Ltd (trading as Rapid Legal and Scarlet Reclaim) after the direct marketing company was found to have made unsolicited marketing calls to people who had:
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has announced that Racing Post has signed an undertaking (undated) to improve its electronic data security practices following the compromise of 677,335 accounts during a data breach in October 2013.
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has announced that a bank employee responsible for investigating money laundering allegations has been fined after admitting to having read his colleagues' bank accounts.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has made available Data breach notification guide: A guide to handling personal information security breaches (August 2014), which "provides general guidance for agencies and organisations when responding to a data breach involving personal information that they hold".
The United Kingdom Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has announced that Thamesview Estate Agents (Thamesview) has signed an Undertaking (undated) after one of the company's outlets continued to dispose of papers containing customer personal information in transparent bags that were left on the street. According to ICO head of enforcement Stephen Eckersley, the information on the papers was clearly visible and included passport copies and previous tax payment details.
The American Bar Association (ABA) has made available the biographies (undated) of the panellists at its recent event The Evolution of Cybersecurity and Planning for Response, hosted by the association's cybersecurity legal task force.
France's data protection authority the Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (CNIL) has announced that it has ceased its monitoring of SAS Hypercosmos, since the shopping centre operator has fully complied with a CNIL request to end the excessive use of video surveillance and biometrics.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (36)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (39)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)