European Union (EU) competition regulator the European Commission has announced that it has fined France-based pharmaceutical company Servier and a group of generic medicine producers a total of €427.7 million for "concluding a series of deals all aimed at protecting Servier's bestselling blood pressure medicine, perindopril, from price competition by generics in the EU".
The European Commission (EC) has announced that it has fined canned mushroom producers for their participation in "a cartel to coordinate prices and allocate [European customers] during more than a year".
Apple Inc has agreed to settle a class action brought by United States regulators and other complainants in relation to alleged e-book pricefixing by Apple and five publishers.
Two among seven private equity businesses have agreed to settle allegations that the businesses conspired not to outbid one another for the takeovers of eight companies that were executed for a total of more than US$100 billion.
The European Commission (EC) has welcomed the General Court of the European Union's judgment in T-286/09 Intel Corp. v Commission (12 June 2014), upholding the €1.06 billion fine imposed by the EC on Intel in 2009 for the company having abused its dominant position in the x86-type central processing unit (x86 CPU) market during 2002 - 2007.
Automotive parts manufacturer Autoliv has announced that it has agreed to settle an antitrust class action brought against it by direct purchasers, automotive dealers and consumers for US$65 million.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China (MOFCOM) to provide for "increased communication and cooperation between [the ACCC and MOFCOM] on mergers which affect both the Australian and Chinese markets".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that a federal grand jury has indicted automotive parts manufacturer Tokai Rika executive Hitoshi Hirano.
Read this whitepaper to gain insight into the risks inherent in day-to-day settings that are conducive to exchanges of competitively sensitive information including:
- When is it good to share information?
- Why is this subject so problematic?
- Why has the topic become increasingly important?
- How Trade Association meetings can be a breeding ground for such activity
- A 7-step compliance checklist of practical measures companies can take to manage the risk of information exchange
The Federal Court of Australia (FCA) has handed down its decision in Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v NSK Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 453 (13 May 2014). According to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), ball bearings manufacturer NSK Australia has been fined A$3 million "for its involvement in cartel conduct in relation to the price of bearings in Australia".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (37)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)