The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Chilean corporation Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores S.A. (CSAV) has agreed to plead guilty to one charge of "[engaging] in a conspiracy to suppress and eliminate competition by allocating customers and routes, rigging bids and fixing prices for the sale of international ocean shipping services of roll-on, roll-off cargo to and from the United States and elsewhere".
Germany's competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced that it has fined the following wallpaper industry entities, as well as associated individuals, a total of approximately €17 million for concluding price-fixing agreements:
The European Commission (EC) has announced that it has rendered legally binding certain undertakings by Visa Europe to "facilitate cross-border competition".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that a former executive of Toyota Group subsidiary Denso Corp (Denso) has agreed to plead guilty to obstruction of justice in relation to a DoJ antitrust division investigation and will serve a one-year prison term.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that head representatives of competition regulators from the US, Canada and Mexico convened in Washington DC on 13 February 2014 to "discuss their mutual efforts to ensure continued effective antitrust enforcement cooperation in [their countries'] increasingly interconnected markets".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Japan-based automobile parts manufacturer Bridgestone Corp (Bridgestone) has agreed to "plead guilty and to pay a [US]$425 million criminal fine for its role in a conspiracy to fix prices of automotive anti-vibration rubber parts installed in cars sold in [the US] and elsewhere".
Germany's competition regulator the Bundeskartellamt (BKA) has announced that it has fined the following "major German sugar manufacturers" a total of approximately €280 million for "concluding anticompetitive agreements on sales areas, quotas and prices":
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that former Bank of America Corporation executive Phillip Murphy has pleaded guilty to "participat[ing] in a conspiracy and scheme to defraud [in] relat[ion] to bidding for contracts for the investment of municipal bond proceeds and other municipal finance contracts".
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available Public and Private Antitrust Enforcement in the United States (11 February 2014), the remarks as prepared for delivery by DoJ antitrust division Assistant Attorney General Bill Baer to the European Competition Forum 2014 held in Brussels.
The European Commission (EC) has made available Frequently asked questions - [EC] obtains from Google comparable display of specialised search rivals (5 February 2014), advising that it has received from Google Inc (Google) an "improved commitments proposal ... in the context of the ongoing antitrust investigation on online search and search advertising".
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (35)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (15)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)