The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs in the United States Department of Labor (OFCCP) has announced that Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling has agreed to pay US$475,000 in back wages and interest to settle allegations that it "unfairly rejected [1,293 qualified female job seekers] for merchandiser, driver, driver trainee, production and warehouse positions at the company's bottling and distribution facility".
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Famous Chicken of Shreveport has agreed to pay US$25,000 and provide other relief to settle charges that the Popeye's Chicken franchisee "unlawfully den[ied] employment to an HIV-positive applicant because of his disability at a Longview, Texas [Popeye's Chicken] location".
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that Holly Manor Center Nursing Home (Holly Manor) is to pay US$75,000 and provide other relief to settle charges that it "unlawfully rescind[ed] a job offer to an applicant because he is deaf".
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs in the United States Department of Labor (OFCCP) has released Notice of proposed rulemaking - Government Contractors, Requirement To Report Summary Data on Employee Compensation (8 August 2014) (the NPRM) for public comment.
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that MPW Industrial Services has agreed to pay US$37,500 and "furnish significant equitable relief" to resolve allegations that it "terminated Todd Semko from his position as a laborer before his first day of work after it learned during a fitness-for-duty evaluation that he has an implanted [t]ranscutaneous [e]lectrical [n]erve [s]timulation (TENS) unit in his lower back for a back impairment".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Travel Management Company has agreed to resolve claims that it engaged in citizenship status discrimination.
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Fifth Third Mortgage Company has agreed to resolve allegations that it "engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination on the basis of disability and receipt of public assistance".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that convenience retailer QuikTrip has paid more than US$1.5 million in damages to "47 individuals with disabilities who experienced discrimination at QuikTrip gas stations and convenience stores across the country".
The United Kingdom Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has published Appointments to Boards and Equality Law (July 2014), which "aims to provide guidance on the equality law framework within which appointments to boards must be made".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available a notice of proposed rulemaking (23 July 2014) (the NPRM) and questions and answers (updated 24 July 2014) regarding its proposal to introduce explicit requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) for movie theatres.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)