The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that McKesson Corporation (McKesson) has agreed to pay US$18 million to resolve allegations that the San Francisco-based pharmaceutical distributor "knowingly submitted false claims to [the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)] for shipping and handling services that did not satisfy its contractual obligations".
The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that RE/MAX Allegiance Relocation Services (RE/MAX) has agreed to pay US$509,000 to settle allegations that it breached the False Claims Act by overcharging the government under "contracts to transport [the] personal property of federal employees relocating duty stations within [the US] and between [the US] and Canada".
The Federal Court of Australia (FCA) has handed down its decision in Australian Securities and Investments Commission v GE Capital Finance Australia, in the matter of GE Capital Finance Australia  FCA 701 (1 July 2014). According to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the FCA has fined consumer credit provider GE Capital Finance Australia (GE Money) A$1.5 million for "making false or misleading representations to more than 700,000 of its credit card customers".
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that Basfoods (Aust) Pty Ltd (Basfoods) has paid A$30,600 in penalties following the ACCC's issuance of three infringement notices to Basfoods for false or misleading representations relating to its "Victoria Honey" product.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced that it has reached a settlement (9 June 2014) with Advert Marketing Inc and its operators Scott Dalrymple and Robert Wence that resolves FTC charges alleging that the defendants sent millions of unwanted text messages to consumers in the US.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that the Federal Court of Australia has fined Titan Marketing A$750,000 for conduct in its door-to-door sale of first aid kits and water filters to certain vulnerable Indigenous Australian and other consumers.
The United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has announced that the US District Court has ordered (9 June 2014) New York City-based commodity pool operator SK Madison Commodities and its principals Michael Seward and Yan Kaziyev to pay restitution and fines totaling more than US$3.5 million and permanently banning them from the industry.
The United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has made available a proposed settlement agreement (9 June 2014), which requires supplement marketers i-Health, Inc and Martek Biosciences Corporation to desist from claiming that certain products prevent cognitive decline or improve memory unless those claims are truthful or supported by human clinical testing.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that Disbury Holdings Pty Ltd, trading as Gotta Getta Group (GGG), has paid A$20,400 in penalties after the ACCC issued two infringement notices. The notices were issued because the ACCC had reasonable grounds to believe that two advertisements for GGG's solar systems, published in 2013, contained false or misleading representations.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (37)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (11)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (41)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (2)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (1)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (3)
- Privacy & Data Protection (16)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)