The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has made available a speech delivered by US Deputy Attorney General James Cole at a conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (the FCPA) on 19 November 2013.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Iraq-based privately owned firm Iraqi Consultants and Constructions Bureau (ICCB) has paid US$2.7 million to settle bribery allegations.
Laura Lonsdale, Sr. Compliance Counsel, Office of Business Conduct & Ethics at Pentair Ltd.
Jim Slavin, Chief Ethics Officer and Vice President, Advisory Services at SAI Global
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) and the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have announced that Ohio-based automated teller machine (ATM) and bank security systems provider Diebold Inc (Diebold) has agreed to pay over US$48 million in settlement payments relating to allegations that it bribed officials and falsified documents in its business dealings with overseas banks.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Ernesto Lujan, Jose Hurtado and Tomas Bethancourt have pleaded guilty in Federal Court to conspiring to breach the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, to breach the Travel Act, and to commit money laundering.
Kirsten Liston, Assoc. VP, Learning Content Strategy
SAI Global Compliance (Moderator)
Barney Rosenberg, Vice President, Ethics and Business Conduct
Meggitt Group (Panelist)
Paula Davis, Director of Compliance Program Operations
SAI Global Compliance (Panelist)
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that Total SA (Total) has agreed with the DoJ to enter a deferred prosecution agreement and pay US$245.2 million to settle allegations that it breached the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). The DoJ asserted that Total paid approximately US$60 million in bribes to an Iranian government official between 1995 and 2004, in order to procure development contracts for the Sirri A and E and South Pars oil and gas fields.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (Wal-Mart) announced in its latest quarterly earnings report that it spent much more than it had forecasted on its foreign bribery probe. The company had expected to spend $40-$45 million during the first quarter of fiscal year 2014 but it actually ended up spending $73 million. According to Wal-Mart, $44 million was spent on the investigations and an additional $29 million was spent on a global compliance review and organizational changes.
Harris Corporation (Harris) announced in a regulatory filing that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had launched an investigation into possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by China-based employees of a recently acquired company. Harris announced its intention to fully cooperate with the investigation.
The United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) has announced that former Willbros International Inc consultant Paul Novak has been penalised US$1 million and sentenced to serve 15 months in prison for his participation in a scheme to bribe Nigerian government and political party officials with over US$6 million in payments.
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (32)
- Anti-Money Laundering (1)
- Authors (34)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Culture (28)
- Careful Communication & Proper Use of Computers (3)
- Code of Conduct (3)
- Competition (8)
- Compliance & Ethics Learning (1)
- Compliance & Ethics Risk Management (9)
- Compliance Programs -- In Practice (33)
- Confidentiality & Intellectual Property (5)
- Conflicts of Interest (1)
- Consumer Protection (0)
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (0)
- Employment & Workplace Issues (12)
- Environment, Health & Safety (9)
- European Perspective (4)
- Financial Integrity (1)
- Government Contracting (6)
- GRC Technology (0)
- Information Security (2)
- Insider Trading (5)
- Other (4)
- Privacy & Data Protection (14)
- Records Management (0)
- Respect in the Workplace (0)
- Risk Management (8)
- Providing employees with a framework for ethical… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:36:42 Improving Organizational Behavior (Expert Commentaries)
- Many companies find sexual harassment to be… Written by Jamie McKillop 2012-01-18 01:35:35 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)
- Vignettes and enactments are effective tools in… Written by Mary Snyder 2012-01-12 17:15:57 Employment Law Regarding Harassment (Expert Commentaries)