The Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) has announced that the Latvian, Austrian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Dutch and Finnish Ministers for Defence, as well as the heads of the European External Action Service, the European Defence Agency and the EU Military Committee have signed a pledge to "mitigate human-related risks in cyber space by launching the Cyber Hygiene initiative".
The United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has released Guidance consultation - Social media and customer communications (August 2014) for public comment. The document sets out the FCA's proposed supervisory approach to financial promotions in social media.
Microsoft has made available a statement (28 March 2014) by its legal and corporate affairs executive vice president Brad Smith responding to recent news coverage of a 2012 case in which Microsoft investigators accessed the emails of a Microsoft-branded webmail user who "was trafficking in stolen Microsoft source code".
The United Kingdom (UK) Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has urged organisations to ensure they have "a clear personal device at work policy", highlighting a recent incident in which a Royal Veterinary College (RVC) worker lost a digital camera containing the images of six RVC applicants.
Read this whitepaper to gain insight into considerations towards establishing comprehensive and educated policies on social media compliance, including:
- Taking fundemental steps to ensure that your social media policies are clear and straightforward
- Planning an overall approach to employee education and communication
- Monitoring and reviewing laws, regulations and peer-approaches to social media risk mitigation
United States (US)-based film industry alliance the Motion Picture Association of America Inc (MPAA) has announced that online peer-to-peer (P2P)-shared files search engine isoHunt Web Technologies (isoHunt) and isoHunt operator Gary Fung have agreed to pay US$110 million and to close all isoHunt operations worldwide to settle a copyright suit brought by the MPAA's member studios.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has announced that it has fined retail website operator Grays (NSW) Pty Ltd (Grays) A$165,000 for breaching the Spam Act 2003 No. 129 (Cth) by sending marketing emails:
The United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released The OFT's proposed Principles for online and app-based games (the proposed Principles) and an accompanying Report and consultation (both undated) for public comment.
The Paris Court of Appeals has upheld a ruling requiring Twitter to provide a collective of plaintiffs, including the Union des Etudiants Juifs de France (UEJF) (union of Jewish students of France), with details on users who posted antisemitic material, including a collection of offensive remarks deploying the hashtags #unbonjuif (a good Jew) and #unjuifmort (a dead Jew).
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (142)
- Anti-Money Laundering (136)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Culture (180)
- Careful Communication and Proper Use of Computers (16)
- Code of Conduct (6)
- Competition (234)
- Confidentiality and Intellectual Property (35)
- Conflicts of Interest (21)
- Consumer Protection (420)
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (218)
- Employment and Workplace Issues (393)
- Environment, Health & Safety (201)
- Financial Integrity (237)
- Government Contracting (32)
- Information Security (49)
- Insider Trading (96)
- Other (5)
- Privacy and Data Protection (226)
- Records Management (19)
- Respect in the Workplace (6)